A semi-tutored sketching week
Holidays for Artists
Capture the beauty of the Sierra Nevada mountains and the Alpujarran villages, sketching on location. Complete beginners to the more experienced artists are catered for on this "en plein air" sketching holiday. Jeni will guide you through the use of various media, to capture the essence of the Alpujarran landscape and villages.
Jeni will be available prior to the holiday for any queries on art materials, equipment and clothing etc. She can be contacted by email or phone.
On our Plein Air Painting workshops you will learn to make painting so portable that you can do it on a walk, in the mountains, or around the villages, capturing your unique impressions in a watercolour sketchbook. Using pens, pencils and watercolours you will create your own travel sketchbook.
Prices, dates and what's Included
- 7 nights half-board accommodation H**.
- Transfers from Almeria or Granada airports.
- 3 x 3 hour sessions, sketching on location with tutor Jeni.
- Picnics or bar lunches.
- Local transport to and from sketching locations.
- Choose your own dates, subject to availability.
- single supplement €150
- Malaga airport transfer €40 each way. But it is quite easy to get the public bus to granada from where the transfer is included.
- extra art sessions by arrangement.
- Guided walking.
- walk notes describing walks from the hotel are in the hotel library.
Berchules has 3 supermarkets, a bank, pharmacist, and half a dozen bars.
Materials and equipment.
Dates arranged for joining in.
Week beginning :
- 15 September 2013